The Birthplace Class Schedule
Childbirth Education Classes Suspended
As a safety precaution for our patients, we have suspended all in-person childbirth education classes and tours through May. We hope to resume in June or as soon as it is appropriate. In the meantime, we are offering YoMingo online classes through Customized Communications, Inc.
Once you register, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org providing access to the class videos. Please check your junk folder if you do not find the email in your inbox.
Please note: The online class videos will only be available until June 30.
We are also planning a Q&A Zoom session with our childbirth educator to discuss the Birthplace preregistration, visitation guidelines and what to expect while you are here. Please email Christine Ferguson at email@example.com if you would like to attend.
Whether you are having your first child or a new addition to your family, The Birthplace at Summerlin Hospital Medical Center offers a wide range of classes for you and your family. You can find a complete list of classes and schedules below.
Register for Classes
Take a look at our list of scheduled classes and choose the ones you would like to attend. Space may be limited so call 702-233-7103 to reserve your place, or choose a class below to learn more.
- Baby Care Basics
- Car Seat Installation/Checks
- Infant Massage (As a precaution and to provide the best possible care and safety for our patients, we are suspending Infant Massage and Infant Playgroup until further notice. We hope to resume as soon as it is appropriate. Thank you for your understanding.)
- Infant Play Group (As a precaution and to provide the best possible care and safety for our patients, we are suspending Infant Massage and Infant Playgroup until further notice. We hope to resume as soon as it is appropriate. Thank you for your understanding.)
- Mommy & Me Play Group
- Wee Can Sign
- Birthplace Tours (Mondays)
- Birthplace Tours (Tuesdays)
- Birthplace Tours (Thursdays)
- Birthplace Tours (Saturdays)
- Childbirth Basics (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Childbirth Basics Express (Saturdays)
- HypnoBirthing® (11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- HypnoBirthing® (6:30 – 9:30 p.m.)
- Natural Birth Methods Class
- Twins or More Preparation Class
- Spinning Babies® Parent Class (2 – 5 p.m.)
- Spinning Babies® Parent Class (6 – 9 p.m.)
You and Your New Baby — Postpartum E-class
After you have a baby, there is a lot to learn. It may be difficult to remember everything. Summerlin Hospital provides helpful videos to watch anytime at your convenience. We hope they assist you to understand and cope with the care of yourself and your baby after birth. The more knowledge you have, the more likely you will approach your personal journey with confidence and a positive perspective.