Teenagers who are interested in volunteering with Summerlin Hospital Medical Center can apply for our Teen Volunteer Program. To qualify, applicants must meet following requirements:
- Must be 16 years of age by June 1
- A grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Able to perform tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Be in good health
- Communicate well in English
- Willing to purchase a $25 volunteer shirt
Volunteers can work one four hour shift per week. Morning and afternoon shifts will be offered Monday through Friday only.
How to Apply
We ask that teen volunteers send us a Teen Volunteer Application and their most recent report card by January 1. Follow the instructions below to submit your application and report card for the Teen Volunteer Program.
- Download the Teen Volunteer Application
- Fill out the appropriate fields
- Provide a copy of your most recent report card
Once we’ve reviewed your application, a Volunteer Services recruiter will contact you to schedule an interview. If accepted, the recruiter will place you based on current available positions.
A PPD Test determines whether or not you have tuberculosis (TB), a serious infection that spreads through the air. The Employee Health Office will administer the test to volunteers free of charge.
During flu season (as decided by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention), volunteers are encouraged to consider a flu vaccine. Ask your Volunteer Services recruiter about free flu vaccines provided by Summerlin Hospital. If you have any questions, please contact Volunteer Services at 702-233-7532.