Teenagers who are interested in volunteering with Summerlin Hospital Medical Center can apply for our Summer Volunteer Program. To qualify, applicants must meet following requirements:
- Must be 16 years of age by June 1
- A grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Able to perform tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Be in good health
- Communicate well in English
- Willing to purchase a $25 volunteer shirt
Teens will agree to volunteer during our summer session between June 13 and August 15. Volunteers can work one four hour shift per week during the summer session. Morning and afternoon shifts will be offered Monday through Friday only.
How to Apply
We ask that teen volunteers send us a Teen Volunteer Application and their most recent report card by February 28. Follow the instructions below to submit your application and report card for the Teen Volunteer Program.
- Download the Teen Volunteer Application
- Fill out the appropriate fields
- Send completed applications to Volunteer Services, along with:
- A copy of your most recent report card
- A 250 word essay describing why you want to volunteer at Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
You can send your application, report card and essay in one of two ways:
- Email jody.Pelser@uhsinc.com
- Mail to Summerlin Hospital Medical Center, ATTN: Volunteer Services, 657 Town Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89144
Once we’ve reviewed your application, a Volunteer Services recruiter will contact you to schedule an interview. Interviews are conducted in April and the selection is based on your application, essay, two reference evaluations, previous community service experience and your personality. If accepted, the recruiter will place you based on current available positions.
A 2-hour Orientation class is held every year in May. Your recruiter will provide you the date of the class, which generally begins at 8:30 a.m. A parent must attend the class with their teen.
A PPD Test determines whether or not you have tuberculosis (TB), a serious infection that spreads through the air. The Employee Health Office will administer the test to volunteers free of charge.
During flu season (as decided by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention), volunteers are encouraged to consider a flu vaccine. Ask your Volunteer Services recruiter about free flu vaccines provided by Summerlin Hospital. If you have any questions, please contact Volunteer Services at 702-233-7532.