Here for You
A diagnosis of breast cancer can be overwhelming. That's why the Breast Care Center at Summerlin Hospital Medical Center has a nurse navigator who is dedicated to guiding and supporting you and your family through the screening, diagnosis and treatment of cancer and other medical conditions of the breast.
Whether your diagnosis is a benign growth or cancer, our nurse navigator can help assess your needs, as well as those of your family, and help connect you with physicians, specialists and additional resources to ensure that you get the care you need, when you need it. Our nurse navigator can:
- Provide education and be a source of support
- Help schedule appointments and routine health screenings
- Serve as a central point of contact between you and your healthcare team
- Identify needs and assist with referrals for additional services, resources and dedicated specialists at Summerlin Hospital
- Help create a coordinated approach to your care before, during and after treatment
The navigation program is available to you as a free service.
Meet the Navigator
Laura Devine, BSN, RN
Laura is a registered nurse who is certified in perioperative (OR) nursing from the Competency and Credentialing Institute (CCI). She is a graduate of the State University of New York (SUNY) and has an extensive background in breast surgery and reconstruction, as well as knowledge in oncology nursing.